The SEAI has announced changes to its Solar PV Grant scheme.
These changes were announced at the end of December and are set to be implemented on the 7th of January 2020.
The following changes will be implemented:
- Support for 0-2kWp of solar will increase to €900 per kWp installed (pro-rata)
- Support for 2-4kWp of solar will decrease to €300 per kWp installed (pro-rata)
- The minimum amount a customer will receive is €1800, the maximum is €3000.
- Customers will now apply in advance of install
- The home energy performance post-works must be BER C3 or higher
Customers under the old scheme will have to be installed with all documentation submitted by the 28th of February.
Applications for the new Solar PV grant will begin on the 7th of January.
Do not know your BER rating? Not to worry, NRG Panel can conduct a pre BER assessment to identify whether you are eligible for the SEAI grant. In any instance that you are not SEAI grant eligible, NRG Panel have our own grant incentive available
The system designed for you is dependent on a number of factors including your electricity usage, lifestyle and the details of your home and roof, this is why it is important to have a consultation to ensure we are offering you a bespoke system specifically designed for your needs.
For more information, call our office at 042 974 9322.
You can be sure that the process will be smooth and hassle free with NRG Panel as we have a dedicated in house grant co-ordinator who is on hand for all that mind boggling paperwork and confusing terms.