Solar Electric Panels
(Solar electricity panels Photovoltaic / PV)
Harness the power of daylight in the most efficient way
Benefits of having solar electricity panels ( Photovoltaic / PV )
- Reduce your electricity bills by up to 50%.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Add value to your property.
- Power diverter add on available to give you 90% of your hot water all year round
- No moving parts and no maintenance required.
- Reduce your dependency on fossil fuels.
- Safeguard against any potential rises in energy costs by your current provider.
- 30 year product warranty.
How does Solar PV work? (the techy bit)
A Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel is made up of silicon cells, prepared in such a way that when the sun’s rays pass over them, they become 'agitated' creating an electrical charge. This electricity is generated in the form of direct current (DC). The electricity is then converted to alternative current (AC) via an inverter to make it compatible with the electricity supply. Alternatively, it can be stored as DC in a battery for later use.
Contrary to popular belief, Photovoltaic panels in Ireland do not necessarily need bright sunlight in order to operate successfully. A correctly engineered solar electric panel system will continue to generate electricity even on cloudy days.
Solar PV in Ireland is ever becoming the popular choice for reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Eddi Hot Water Diverter (PV Addon)
Free water and space heating using excess energy from your PV system.
Zappi Car Port (PV Addon)
Free electric car charging using excess energy from your PV system.
Growatt Inverter & Battery Storage (PV Addon)
Stores excess electricity generated for usage later.
The Growatt Storage System stores DC electricity straight from the PV panels into a Lithium battery storage pack.